Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: I'm probably alone on this...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_JLR's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2004
    Posts
    147
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I'm probably alone on this...

    But does anybody like a good action type movie anymore? I mean it seems everybodys in to drama, and all kinds of things that doesn't involve things that you would see in an action movie. My brother and I were sitting around watching old Chuck Norris, Steven Seagal movies and stuff like that. does anybody out there STILL like this stuff?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member neutral88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2007
    Posts
    2,568
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'm probably alone on this...

    More of a comedy man myself
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]





  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_JLR's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2004
    Posts
    147
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'm probably alone on this...

    Yeah, that is the truth. But I Mean, most of the action stars of the past are really getting older and just ready to move on, past thier primes. Chuck(as if anybody watched him but me.) is almost 70, and hes one of the lucky ones. He didn't even start to slow down until he was 65 years old. Jean-Claude Van Damme, he did pretty good with his, but hes in his mid forties.. he looks 60. Id Imagine all the drugs. Seagal is in his 50's, Jet Li can still go, I believe he'll be like Jackie Chan. Even if Jacke Chan is in his 50's and can still move. Mel Gibson(LOL) okay he was good in the lethal weapon movies, hes old. looks like all thats left is Jason Staham and Daniel Craig, the guy from the new bond movie.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'm probably alone on this...

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But does anybody like a good action type movie anymore? I mean it seems everybodys in to drama, and all kinds of things that doesn't involve things that you would see in an action movie. My brother and I were sitting around watching old Chuck Norris, Steven Seagal movies and stuff like that. does anybody out there STILL like this stuff? </div></div>
    i used to be until some of the garbage they put out the last few years.......but im hopeful (hopefully not to be let down) that the revivals of rambo and die hard will help to reset the standard for action movies
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member captainchambord's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 4th, 2007
    Posts
    69
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'm probably alone on this...

    I can't wait for Live Free or Die Hard.
    Going to be awesome.

    I watch more horror and comedy than anything else anymore though.
    You don't know what you don't know.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'm probably alone on this...

    the new rambo preview looked insane......i hope to hell they didnt blow their load with what they showed us in the preview.....but if it isnt the best parts of that movie its gonna be sick
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'm probably alone on this...

    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member captainchambord's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 4th, 2007
    Posts
    69
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'm probably alone on this...

    I hate to say it, but teh new bond movie was the worst one of all time.
    Just....ridiculous.

    The 3rd "Bourne" flick comes out this summer. I'll probably watch that.
    You don't know what you don't know.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member imported_JLR's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2004
    Posts
    147
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'm probably alone on this...

    The Rock has had a few good roles. His best was probably The Rundown though. Walking Tall was alright, he just eneds something fresh that he can make into a franchise.

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'm probably alone on this...

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Capt. Chambord</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hate to say it, but teh new bond movie was the worst one of all time.
    Just....ridiculous.

    </div></div>

    I hope to goodness you're kidding. After the ice palace crap that Remmington Steele had, the last Bond was one of the best (if not the best). If you say you like the Bourne movies, that is what inspired them to make a Bond like that.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •